Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Klahanie Campground to Nairn Falls


May 13th, 2019/Klahanie Campground to Nairn Falls

Day's total/KM 90.9/elevation gain 1423 meters
Total to date/ KM 264.1/Total elevation gain 3289 meters

I was packed and on the road by 8:30 am. I felt the first few drops of rain as I pulled out onto Highway 99, a sign of things to come. 
By the time I hit Squamish it was full on rain, fog and the temperature had dropped considerably. Looking further north the weather was worse. I rolled into the village of Whistler well past noon, soaked and cold. I spotted a Subway, they served up the worse sub and coffee, at-least it was warmer inside than out.
 I threw on some more layers and my winter gloves then headed out to do the last 30 km to Nairn Falls. About 8k from Nairn Falls the rain stopped allowing this drowned rat to dry out a little. I pitched then jumped into some warm dry clothes, it felt good to be warm and dry once again. It continued to rain off and on into the night.


Nairn Falls

I couldn’t resist “Larry’s Lookout”

No comments: