Monday, September 16, 2019

Cape Spear Lighthouse


Sept 15th, 2019/Cape Spear Lighthouse


Day's total/KM 19.5/elevation gain 800 meters
Total to date/KM 8097/Total elevation gain 48144 meters

 If I’m to believe the forecast, after today is rains for the next three days. Today its clear and cool, a good day for a ride! I made coffee, downed a couple of bran muffins, a tin of fruit cocktail and a banana. Prepped, then suited up for the final ride! It was an arm/leg sleeve morning. The hills of St John’s would soon have them off.
I clipped on my rear panniers, threw my leg over the bike, brought up the left peddle and slipped my foot in. I paused just before pushing off, I thought back to that early May afternoon. We were nearing port, Horseshoe Bay, the Mainland of British Columbia. Cool air rushed in as the ferry doors opened, I looked out, the Coastal Mountains were obscured in fog, it was overcast and drizzling. I felt nervous and excited all at the same time. I was the county kid, a greenhorn and, “Canada was calling me”.
  I refocus to present day, push down on the peddle and jump on, I was now a seasoned pro. I’d answered her call, I was off to Cape Spear, Canada’s most Easterly point and journey’s end. I smiled at the thought!



Cape Spear-Canada's most Easterly Point
"The Journey's Just Begun" 
Cape Spear, Newfoundland
Cape Spear, Newfoundland

No comments: