Friday, September 6, 2019

Part Two-South Cove Camping and Golf to Arm of Gold


Sept 4th, 2019/Arm of Gold Campground


 Not having to get up and ride this morning I had a go at trying to sleep in. I woke at 7 AM to an overcast sky. I made breakfast then got ready to cycle into town, about 14 kilometer return trip. I ate lunch at Subway, had some banking to do, then groceries.
  I re-evaluated the weather, Hurricane Dorian, which will get downgraded to a tropical storm is suppose to arrive late Friday, heavy rains and winds are forecasted for Friday evening, Saturday and into Sunday morning. I stocked up on groceries, not wanting to bike into town in the middle of it. I lazed around this afternoon, showered and sorted a few things out. 

 The weather app is now beginning to issue warnings for Dorian. Given the uncertainty of how this storm will impact I’ve opted to take the boat from North Sydney to Argentia. The one scenario which would take me into Port aux Basque gives me little or not enough time to cross Newfoundland. Where as this one gives me too much time. It will however allow me to spend time in St Johns, sightseeing and getting organized to fly back home. It’s 135 kilometers from Argentia to St Johns, I’ll likely split that into two days.

Sept 5th, 2019/Arm of Gold Campground

Not an early wake up this morning, no need. This not having to ride is out of the norm. I’ve gotten so use to waking up, prepping, then riding. I’m anxious to get going once again-this seems tougher than riding, I miss being on the road.



Confederation Trail, PEI
Confederation Trail, PEI

No comments: