Friday, June 21, 2019

Part Two-Nokomis to Minnedosa


June 18th, 2019/Birtle to Minnedosa

Day's total/KM 94/elevation gain 145 meters
Total to date KM 2508.2/Total elevation gain 18120 meters

I followed Hwy 42 all the way into Shoal Lake. On exit I took First Avenue (gravel) which skirted along Hwy 16 for a short ways. I was doing my best to prolong the inevitable, Hwy 16. I was expecting large volumes of traffic, there wasn’t. It had a good wide shoulder which put some distance between me and those speeding lumps of metal. Even with the wide shoulder a lot of motorists still swung wide around me, it’s always appreciated. At the Junction of 16 and 10, I crossed, then followed 16A through to Minnedosa. Once again the campground was just out of town, my site was on the shoe of Lake Minnedosa. It was beautiful and relatively quiet. The camp host informed me that would change, the school kids would soon be let loose, summer vacation. Knowing that I decided to take a couple of rest days. 

June 19th, 2019/Rest Day/Minnedosa

June 20th, 2019/Rest Day/Minnedosa

 They have a large Co-op with a Deli in town, that meant chicken was back on the menu. I scoped out the local Chinese restaurant, SunSun, I was glad I did. Super nice guy, buffet lunch was the bomb, I went back twice and waddled out both times. If your ever in Minnedosa ya gotta go there. Did a few short walks in the area, scoped out town and just generally chilled out.


Welcome to Manitoba!

No comments: